Thursday, September 13, 2007

We had a rough start this morning. I came in and his nose tube had moved out of his nose again, so the nurses decided to give him a larger one... It looked way to big for him, but they changed it anyways. He immediately started crying and was fussy whenever you moved him, then he did horrible when it was time to eat, after 4 good feeds yesterday. Max's oxygen was either at 100% (not good either, range 85-95) or would drop. I felt the nurses weren't being as attentive to the situation as they should be, so I called Dr. Zegarra. He got them to change the tube back to the smaller size, and since them he seems to be doing better. Dr. Zegarra then came up to the hospital and comforted John and I, both. At first, I thought it was me just being emotional, but when it was bothering John too, I knew I should call the doctor. Maximo is doing about the same as yesterday, eating fairly well, and on the lowest oxygen until he has a little "episode", then they pump it up a bit. That's all I have to report now.

1 comment:

Terie and Kelani said...

Mom knows best!! Keep up the good work...I figure you have 5 days left then the 10 are up so he will be ready to go home!
Captain Kangaroo and Tenille keep on truckin'
t