Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another day at the NICU... It's been nice that every morning when I arrive the doctor is doing his morning rounds, so I can talk to him. Maximo is on the lowest amount of oxygen right now through a nose tube. He still has a few episodes now and then, but otherwise is strong. Dr. Zegarra thinks this is all caused by the flu infection ... I'd really like to know how he got it - either us or the nurses... We'd probably be on our way out of here if it weren't for the flu... Anyways, Maximo had a really great feeding session with me this morning, so hopefully he's learning and is getting stronger every day. Dr. Zegarra did mention giving Maximo an injection a month for 5 months for RSV - respiratory syncytial virus (it's called Synagis). He mentioned that it's expensive, so I just got online - it's $1000 an injection, and once he gets bigger, it will be more! Oh, I hope our insurance will pull through. It says it's recommended for preemies born under 35 weeks, so hopefully they'll cover it - I hope they will bill for it so we don't have to pre-pay. I'm learning new things every day.

No comments: