Friday, August 31, 2007

Well, it's the wee hours in the morning... It's amazing how much I wouldn't mind a screaming kid right now, I little colic wouldn't even hurt;) It looks like I'm going to go home today, which is good because I haven't seen the outsides of this hospital or the hallway for that manner since I was admitted Monday morning. We should get an update on Max early this morning when the doctor does his rounds. We then can start some sort of schedule of coming up here to visit and drop off breastmilk regularly. Doctor mention yesterday of introducing my colostrum to Max today. I hope that plan works - it may just be dribbling a little on his lips. We're looking forward to news and progress and again just have to be patient. It's difficult not being able to do ANYTHING. At least breastfeeding (err - pumping) has given me some sort of "job" and role in all this. I'll write more later probably from home once we've gotten an update.
4:45 pm- Well, Maximo is having a good day. He got his first milk today - the nurse rubbed some on his mouth and tongue to give him a taste for it and introduce antibodies to his mouth, then gave him 2cc through a tube. He is now on schedule to get 2cc every 6 hours. Having a good day made it easier to go home today, though we're trying to figure out a schedule that's going to work. He's about 20 minutes away in good traffic and I have to pump at home every 3 hours, so hopefully we'll get it worked out. We'd really like to try to see the doctor face to face every day also, even though he said he'd call us with updates. We just got back from visiting him and plan to return tonight.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thank you so much for keeping us updated! I haven't stopped thinking of all three of you and can't even imagine what you are going through. Sounds like it was a good day, so hang in there and we'll all hope and wish for more!!

Love,
Lindsey

Celia said...

Thanks for the update - that's great news! Way to go, Max! Our fingers are crossed for more good news...

Besos,
Celia & Jon