Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Weekly (sorry) Update

Max antagonizing Flavius for the 1,000,000 time,
but Flavius taking it because he loves the attention - even if it's a "little" rough

Check out the drool on the chair and the curls (Oh, I'm so glad he got his dad's hair!)


I'd really like to be writing more than once a week, but it was one of those weeks. I actually enjoy writing on the blog and often times find myself during the week writing a blog in my head. Unfortunately, by the time I sit down to type one, it's not as witty and interesting as the one I composed on the drive to school in my mind.
It was a crazy week at work, filled with Open House Night, grading, teaching, preparing and parenting (and a little socializing too). Maximo seems like he is maintaining a bit of a schedule - at least at night. His napping during the day is sporatic. Sometimes he takes a great 2 hour nap plus another small one earlier in the day, other times, like today, he only took two 20 minute naps. Like his momma, he needs his sleep, and today was a LONG sleepless day. It's fascinating to us the power of "overtiredness". How can you be that tired to not be able to sleep? Seriously, Maximo was so tired, he must have fallen a bazillion times (his coordination definitely dwindles when he's tired -if you check out the picture closely, you can see the bruise on his forehead), but he could not, would not fall asleep (Yes, I've been reading too many Dr. Suess books). I tried on numerous occasions to take him in his darkened room to lull him to sleep, but he did not want anything to do with it. He just fell asleep as he took his night time bottle, so we'll see how he does. Sometimes when he's overtired, he sleeps really fitfully, and is up every few hours wailing. I hope not, because we're exhausted too!
On Saturday, Swim Class was again a hit. Maximo's harem is growing... Yesterday, there was four other girls in his class. This week, he continues with two days of therapy. We are still supposed to be doing three, but the therapist and I have kind of worked it out this way due to our schedules. He really seems to be almost on par with other kids his age, so I'm not freakishly concerned like before. I think we may see the Physical Therapy doctor this week, but I've forgot the date of our appointment (along with Maximo's next pediatrician's visit too), so "I" 'll have to call to figure out when all that happens.
I'll try to post more in the coming week. Oh, great as I finish this blog, it's to the sound of our darling angel's wails...

No comments: